Lighting Impacts and Management
Pendoley Environmental has specialized in studying and monitoring the impact of artificial and natural light on marine turtles in Western Australia since 1998. We bring a sound and comprehensive understanding of light and its impact on marine turtles of multiple species and life-stages to every project. We own and operate the specialized equipment required to measure light and provide accurate and biologically meaningful interpretation of results. We can confidently assess potential impacts to turtles and make practical recommendations to clients. Our advice is regularly sought by government, local council and industrial clients on best practice methods for managing lighting in the vicinity of marine turtle rookeries. Clients to date include:
- FMG: Anderson Point Port Hedland light assessment: 2005
- Power Authority: Port Hedland: street lighting modification project.
- BHP: Pilbara LNG project assessment Onslow region: 2006 & 2007
- Woodside: Pluto project: 2005 & 2006
- Chevron Australia: Biannual light audit Barrow Island & Thevenard Island: 2004, 2005, 2007 & 2009